Thursday, October 18, 2012

The Next Big Thing - Finding Home!

I was blog tagged by Lynn Willis who was invited to participate in The Next Big Thing! So here we go...the answers pertain to my soon-to-be-released Christmas romance, FINDING HOME (Pelican Book Group, December 2012)

 

 Where did the idea come from for the book? That’s easy! My longing to return to London! I’ve been twice, and both excursions were fabulous. I wanted to write about a Dickens-style Christmas brimming with tradition, love and beautiful surprises!

What genre does your book fall under? Inspirational romance

Which actors would you choose to play your characters in a movie rendition? Hmmmm…wouldn’t that be incredible?? I can easily see Charlize Theron as the sparky, yet vulnerable Alexa and John Cusack as the debonair yet spicy Peter Royce Colby…

What is the one-sentence synopsis of your book? Sometimes, leaving home is the only way to find where you belong.

Will your book be self-published or represented by an agency? Finding Home releases in December from the absolutely fabulous White Rose imprint of Pelican Book Group.

How long did it take you to write the first draft of your manuscript? Finding Home literally flew from my fingertips – I was so inspired and motivated to write a Christmas romance set in London! Additionally, it’s amazing with a deadline will accomplish…LOL!!!

What other books would you compare this story to within your genre? If you love Christian inspirational romance, I think you’ll adore Finding Home.

Who or What inspired you to write this book? I loved the idea of taking a bruised heart (Alexa) and mixing her life with that of a friend from her college days when she studied abroad in England. I adore London and look forward to returning to that magical city at some point soon – writing Finding Home satisfied my yen to hop the pond!

What else about your book might pique the reader’s interest? At its heart, Finding Home is a fun, frolicking, heart-felt romance. If you’re in the mood to take a brief break from the holiday settle back by the fireplace with a romance that will stir your senses and take you on a mini-vacation to England, I think this story is just the ticket (pardon the pun!!) Hope you enjoy!

Thanks so much for dropping by! Now, I’m going to pass the baton to these five great authors. I hope you'll check out their blogs, too.

Dana Pratola: http://danapalooza.blogspot.com/

Pamela Thibodeaux: http://pamswildroseblog.blogspot.com/

Tag, you’re “it,” ladies, and enjoy the pleasure of being “THE NEXT BIG THING!”

1 comment:

  1. Enjoy the spotlight of "Next Big Thing" ladies - can't wait to read what's next from all of you!! Blessings!

    ReplyDelete