Saturday, November 17, 2012

Mosey on Down to Heart's Crossing Ranch With Tanya Hanson!

Please welcome back to the blog a treasured friend and multi-dimensional writer, Tanya Hanson. Tanya writes in a number of genres, but always with a flair, and passion, for all things western (and all things cowboy!) She's got something for everyone - what's not to love?

Let's find out about Tanya, her writing, and her latest release, book six in the Heart's Crossing Ranch series - Angel Child!
First off, Tanya, what inspired you to write this book? What drove its creation?

It’s the sixth in a series. When I was asked for synopses for stories about the eight siblings of a Colorado ranch, I knew one of them would feature a little boy who is challenged by Angelman Syndrome, as is my godson.

I think that's what so appealing about your writing, you've witnessed and/or lived through a number of the circumstances you depict in your stories. They're so real and engaging! What’s a typical writing day like for you?

After a career teaching high school English, where I knew every second of every day where I’d be, I now enjoy being a free spirit LOL. Hubby is retired, and he still likes to hang out with me, even doing mundane things like grocery shopping or gardening. I nearly lost him to testicular cancer, so time with him is extra-precious. When the weather’s nice, I take my laptop outside and write on the patio, usually in the afternoon. I am soooo not a morning person.

When did you realize you were called to be a writer?

I think I’ve been writing stories in my head ever since I learned words. But the key moment was reading Little Women when I was eight years old. I knew then I’d someday be a writer. However, I waited far too long to try--until the kids went off to college. Sheesh.

What are you currently reading?

After seeing David McCullough interviewed on Sixty Minutes recently, I realized I need to finish John Adams! After that, it’ll be time for Finding Home. I so love London, Christmas, and you! It’s like the trifecta!

Oh, you sweet thing - what a wonderful compliment coming from someone I respect and admire so much! Here's a toughie: What’s item number one on your bucket list?

Watching an eagle fly. I’ve seen two wounded eagles close up at a rescue zoo, and nesting in ricks along the highway in Wyoming during our city slicker wagon train trip, but I want to see one soaring through the clouds.

That sounds awesome!! What’s your favorite comfort food?

Banana bread. My gramma made it best. She is my personal hero, a truly good woman.

What's coming up next for you?

Western historical romance. I am finishing two series I have going at The Wild Rose Press. I love the Old West setting and have Kansas hometeaders in my blood. MyAncestry.com is going to keep me busy--my resolution for 2013. Then I will probably try self-publishing with a full-length western historical inspirational I’m finishing up.

You're a busy lady - and we'll have lots to look forward to! Yay! Where and how can folks connect with you?

www.petticoatsandpistols.com
www.goodchristiancowgirl.com
And my Facebook Author Page: http://tinyurl.com/ak5xqb5

A web-friend is helping me design www.goodchristiancowgirls.com [withgirls plural] so maybe I’ll garner a group of western gals to follow me someday!

I'll be the first in line, Tanya! Now, let's take a closer look at Angel Child - those Martin brothers - they sure are spectacular!

 

ANGEL CHILD BLURB:

Determined to get her life back on track, Mary Grace Gibson takes on a substitute-teaching job, grateful for the room and board offered at Hearts Crossing Ranch. The bustling family life helps her heal after abandonment by her ex. But her little boy’s serious disabilities make her cautious about revealing her secrets to anybody. Even Scott Martin, the handsome cowboy who’s fast stealing her heart.

Her former student now grown up, cowboy and graphic artist Scott Martin is instantly drawn to the beautiful single mom. She’s had some hard luck but never let go of her faith. Their age gap doesn’t fret him, and their kisses ignite his love. But as they fall for each other, Mary Grace’s lack of trust in him shatters his feelings, for he’s been down that broken trail before.

 
PURCHASE LINK:


Tanya, congratulations on the release and God’s blessings on all that’s to come!! So glad you stopped by today!

9 comments:

  1. You're always such a wonerful guest, Tanya - Glad you could stop by the blog and spend some time with us!! Angel Child is going to be one of my holiday reading treats for sure!!! God bless!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Marianne, your support means so much to me. I'm always honored to spend a minute (and much more) with you. And spending time with your books. Blessings and love to my true, dear friend!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Tanya, you amaze me! I can see why you're not a morning person ~ you probably write deep into the night. Keep on cranking 'em out, girl! Blessings and a huge CONGRATS! BTW Angel Child sounds FABULOUS!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I agree, Davalyn! Doesn't it sound fantasitc??? Thanks for paying a visit!

    ReplyDelete
  5. LOL, Dora!! I agree - Tanya is a force of nature! :-) So glad you shined your light here today! Blessings!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi everybody, I've been away from home babysitting my year-old grandson and I think you understand how and why the laptop never got out of its case. I so appreciate Marianne's invitation here today, and her constant support. God bless and keep!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi Davalyn, I sure hope you like it. That the story was inspired by two real-life disabled kids indeed keeps it in my heart! So glad you came by today.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hi Dora, aw, thanks. I am indeed a late-nighter. I guess they call me an owl. Hubby, sadly, is a lark LOL. I hope yuu like the story. There's also a way cool dog in the book. I'm a total animal freak. Thanks for the love and good wishes!

    ReplyDelete